Celebrating the Life of Pastor Helvius Thompson
See below for detailed information on the funeral arrangements for Pastor Helvius Thompson.
August 27, 2021
Greetings To All!
As you are aware by now, one of the stalwart soldiers of the gospel, Pastor Helvius Thompson, fell asleep in Jesus on Wednesday, August 18, 2021. Our prayers are with the family as they walk through this valley of bereavement, for Jesus has promised to be with us and wipe away all tears.
On behalf of the Grace Temple Seventh-day Adventist Church, we are honored to serve as the host church for the funeral where Pastor Thompson was a member and a former pastor. The details of the funeral service are below:
- Viewing – There will NOT be a public viewing. The family has chosen to have a “Family Only” viewing. Thank you for respecting their wishes and please keep them in your prayers.
- Funeral – The funeral will be Friday, September 3, 2021 at 11:00am at the Grace Temple Seventh-day Adventist Church located at 4200 E. Berry Street, Fort Worth, TX 76105.
- Interment will follow at the Skyvue Memorial Gardens immediately after the service at 7220 Rendon Bloodworth Rd., Mansfield, TX 76063.
- Registration – There is an attendance limitation of 200. We are encouraging ALL attendees to kindly register at www.eventbrite.com; in the search engine, put there “HL Thompson” and follow the prompts. Registration will officially begin on Monday, August 30, 2021.
- Once we have reached full occupancy, everyone else will be directed to another church a few blocks away where they can view the service on a big screen in that sanctuary.
- Grace Temple will be opened at 10:00am for early entry. Temperature checks, face coverings, and social distancing are required.
- The funeral service will be available via livestream on:
- Facebook: Grace Temple SDA Church
- YouTube: Grace Temple SDA Church
- Video Tribute – Because everyone will be unable to participate in the program, we are producing a video tribute for the family. We recommend that your video be 45 seconds to one minute long. Kindly state your name and your preferred title or position, record your video horizontally, and email it to email@example.com by August 31st at 2:00pm.
- Flowers – Please send all flowers to the Golden Gate Funeral Home, 4155 S R L Thornton Fwy, Dallas, TX 75224. Resolutions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put in the subject line: “Resolution.”
May God bless you and comfort us all!
Yours in Christ,
Dr. Cedric N. Belcher, Sr.
Lead Pastor, Grace Temple SDA Church
September 14, 2021
September 03, 2021
September 02, 2021