This person will be responsible for facilitating and providing vital support of all accounting functions including all general ledger, property, compliance, and financial reporting activities.
Communication with Treasurer
• Discuss all anticipated changes to existing financial data.
• Discuss any major problems that have occurred in dealing with other personnel within the accounting department and other employees.
• Discuss any weaknesses or situations within the conference that may develop into potential problems along with suggestions of possible solutions.
• Discuss the periodic scheduling, goals, and problems of the general ledger
• Coordinate with other accounting personnel to ensure the company’s records are correct for the preparation of financial statements.
• Oversee payroll processing
• Accurate reconciliation of general ledger accounts: AR, AP other, Capital Leases, LT and Prepaid Insurance, Intangibles, Payroll taxes with investigation of differences and correcting entries.
• Accurately perform a second review on other balance sheet accounts not performed by the original accountant.
• Accurately performing closing of general ledger modules according to monthly time frame
• Coordinate the workflow and reviewing of the income statement from start to finish.
• Review the monthly statement closing.
• Accurately prepare and distribute in a timely manner any requested internal reports and/or data related to the general ledger or other related areas to the field and departments
• Accurately prepare and review financial statements for audit.
• Assist in the periodic review of internal financial statements and investigation of variances from budget and communicates the results.
• Proof internal and external reports for accuracy.
• Participate in the collection and assembly of data for the company’s annual budget.
• Submit monthly budget status reports to each department.
• Other duties related to treasury as assigned by the Treasurer
• BS Degree in Accounting is required
• MBA/CPA preferred
• 5 + years of experience (3-5 audit experience)
• Maintain strong Christian morals, values and beliefs
• Must be able to retain confidential information
• Non-profit accounting experience is highly preferred
• Knowledge of Microsoft office products
• Knowledge of Excel and Access
• Excellent reconciliation and problem solving skills are required.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to be able to organize and pay attention to detail.
• Ability to be able to juggle and reprioritize duties when necessary.
• Must be able to demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
• Have ability to work independently as well as within a team
Resume submission deadline is March 31, 2019